Find
Notify
Tools

Source for wildcat dies
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted
I'm building a 22-250 Ackley-improved and wonder where I can get the reloading dies for it? I can find RCBS dies from Midway for around $100 but I'm wondering if there are better quality dies out there? I don't mind dropping $100 for a set of dies, but for RCBS quality?

Posts: 12549 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Redding makes all kinds of wildcat dies, and they are very good, but you won't get a complete set for $100.

Posts: 162 | Location: Miami, FL | Registered: 15 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Nitroman
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1844 | Location: Southwest Alaska | Registered: 28 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys, CH and Redding both have the 40 degree Ackley -Improved for less than $100.

Posts: 12549 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
<eldeguello>
posted
I have found the Redding dies to be superb.... [Razz]

one of us
posted Hide Post
Graf & Sons lists Redding 22-250 40 deg dies for $49.19 for the 2 die set and $72.39 for a 3 die set. Sean

Posts: 537 | Location: Vermont | Registered: 04 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
CH4D - my experience here is that these dies are the practical equal of any on the market. Call these folks up with a question and you're likely to get more information that you thought possible. Ed

Posts: 161 | Location: Seattle - temporarily! | Registered: 04 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I KNOW THIS SOUNDS STRANGE BUT LEE HAS A CUSTOM SHOP AND WILL MAKE ANYTHINBG YOU WANT.I use there collet dies alot and like them, though they will need alittle tune up before they make good ammo. They list a .22-.250 Ack Imp as a standard die.
RCBS is done, look elsewhere, they are to big for there pants.

Posts: 174 | Location: U.S.A | Registered: 15 August 2003Reply With Quote