Notify
Tools

Privi Partizan 7x57 brass
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hello

Just an update about Privi brass.

I got a hold of a bag of 7x57 Privi brass for my 7x57AI to test, mostly because Winchester brass is getting iffy to find lately.

Overall I'm very pleased..
The first thing I do of coarse is round the necks and prime.
I was VERY pleased to find that the primer pockets were just about perfect. Every seat was most consistent. This is more than I can say about the latest batches of Win brass I have come across..

Fire forming went very well. No failures.
And the first round of range testing went well.

Now what I am really pleased about, is the internal capacity of the Privi fire formed cases are virtually identical to Winchester fire formed cases.

Using a primitive method of just pouring in some ball powder, like 760 up to the top of the neck, and scraping off the excess and weighing.
Both Win and Privi weigh out at 61.0 grains. Remingtons weigh out at 58.5 grains.

The next thing to determine is how many firings I can get from this brass, so we'll see..

Posts: 277 | Location: Grants Pass, OR | Registered: 10 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
this is good news. winchester is hard to find and i don't like having to rework my loads for remington cases.

Posts: 831 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 28 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
Good Info. I like the case capasity.

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club 72'73.
Yankee Station

Try to look unimportant. Your enemy might be low on ammo.

Posts: 8350 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 303Guy
posted Hide Post
Nothing wrong with Privi Partizan brass. It's all I use in my 303 Brits.

Regards
303Guy

Posts: 2518 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I use PRVI 8x56R brass. Seems to be as good as any other.

Posts: 13301 | Location: On the Couch with West Coast Cool | Registered: 20 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Grafs seems to have Win brass whenever I need it. Good to know there is a back-up.

Posts: 1577 | Location: Either far north Idaho or Hill Country Texas depending upon the weather | Registered: 26 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
WinkI've loaded a fair number of different cartridges with PRVI brass, and used their ammo also and never ran into any problem. Can't say the same for a number of others. beerroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote