New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: 270-3000
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I believe the 270 savage was based on the 300 sav case necked down to .277. That would give it a little more case capacity than the 250 sav necked up. Apparantly it was quite popular with lever rifle fans in the 1950's and came close to being introduced as a factory round. That was just before the military came out with the 7.62 nato cartridge which Winchester quickly released as the 308 Win. Performance would be very close to the 7mm-08 Rem

Posts: 2436 | Location: manitoba canada | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
<Guest>
posted
I had a rifle made a few years ago . Model 700 . Necked up a 250 savage to 270 and improved it. Its called a 270 Ozark. Gunsmith Gary Helton of Ozark Gun Works did the building. JGS made the reamer and Redding made the dies. I have killed several white tails with it. It is really a good efficient round. I shoot 130gr "anything" at 2800 . It will go a little faster but I don't like to drive'em to fast. email me at seawolfgnrdet7@wmconnect. Will give ya lots of info . Bob

<eldeguello>
posted
Well, I have heard of the .300 Savage necked to .270..... It's called, of all things, the ".270 Savage"!!