New
Find
Notify
Tools

Custom brass
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Where could I get some custom brass made? I have some ideas that I would like to play around with but can't find brass that meets the dimensions I want. Thanks in advance.

Posts: 96 | Location: Texas | Registered: 23 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
First, give us the specs and I bet someone here knows a piece of brass that will fit.
If not, Quality Cartridge has said they'd do most anything you can think of, but it will cost you....

Posts: 2000 | Location: Beaverton OR | Registered: 19 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Looking for brass that is 77, 88 or 99 mm in length. Just have a few ideas that I would like to play around with.

Posts: 96 | Location: Texas | Registered: 23 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, there's a few that would fit your 77mm.
Do you have a particular case head size, or just length?
There's the .405 HDS Basic at 82.5mm or so, and a .455" base; and the 500 NE 3" is for all intents and purposes 77mm (76.2mm - ever *look* at .8mm?) with a .574" base.
For your 88- and 99-mm, you might have to look at the BMG.
Question is, what on earth are you going to do with a case that long? or better, WHY on earth are you going to do with a case that long?
Unless it is an extremely big bore, with a very long barrel, I can't think of a reason for it.
Is it a secret?

Posts: 2000 | Location: Beaverton OR | Registered: 19 December 2002Reply With Quote
<csj>
posted
Give Quality Cartridge a call. They have made brass for me in the past.

http://www.owlnet.com/quality/

CJ