Notify
Tools

Best way to make 17/222 brass?
 Login/Join

posted
What do I need to get to do this right?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
222 brass a 17/222 sizing die and an outside neck turner. I believe you will have no trouble just passing the 222 case thru the 17 die in 1 pass, but you will have to turn the necks down a bit

Posts: 13462 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think you`ll have some trouble getting the necks down to .17 but I may be wrong[hopefully]. Try this if it doesn`t work. Run your case into the seater die and see if that reduces the neck enough to get it into the sizing die without collapsing the shoulder. If this doesn`t work you may have to resort to going to Bulberrys and getting their double ended sizer. This little wonder takes the neck[only] down in two steps to make it ultimately go into the sizing die. Luckily it isn`t too spendy at about 40.00 or so. Still a lot better than the 100.00 plus for a RCBS form die. I made up one years ago in Hawaii and it works fine on all my various 17 wildcats. Good luck with the little .17.

Aloha, Mark[in Or]

When the fear of death is no longer a concern----the Rules of War change!!

Posts: 978 | Location: S Oregon | Registered: 06 March 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I can't seem to find Bullberrys on the web. Do you have a contact?

one of us
Picture of RareBear
posted Hide Post

Posts: 166 | Location: Cardington, Ohio, USA, 3rd rock from the sun, Milkyway Galaxy | Registered: 01 February 2004Reply With Quote