THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM WILDCAT FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Wildcats And Their Development    New on this forum plus some questions about wildcat dimensinal data

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New on this forum plus some questions about wildcat dimensinal data
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hi,
I am Marco from Italy and I have been collecting inert cartridges since 2002.Now I am 28 years old and my interest reached the world of wildcats.
I also designed my own wildcat cartridge whose first dummy rounds were made by a friend of mine.It is a 6 mm designed for heavy bullet use and derived from reworked standard belted cases.
Very similar to the 6 mm - 284 Winchester cartridge although shorter and fatter to rewduce overboring

I have a bunch of empty cases that I'd like to form into some wildcat rounds,but I am looking for some dimensional data.

I can find the exact case lenght of the 458 Denali.However I know it should be about 58 mm

I also have the opportunity to make some 9,3 mm Ultra cases but I don't know if this wildcat is made from 300 RUM or 338 RUM that is,as you know,shorter

Posts: 110 | Location: Italy | Registered: 26 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DuggaBoye
posted Hide Post
Perhaps one of these may help:

http://www.qual-cart.com/headstamp.htm
http://www.pac-nor.com/wildcat/

DuggaBoye-O
NRA-Life
Whittington-Life
TSRA-Life
DRSS
DSC
HSC
SCI

Posts: 4593 | Location: TX | Registered: 03 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Where in Italia do you live, Marco? I lived in Tirrenia (south of Pisa by just a bit) for about five years back in the 1970s. Loved it-- loved the country, loved the food, loved the weather, loved the people. You have such a wonderful country. I wish I could, but I will never have the opportunity to go back...

Posts: 16534 | Location: Between my computer and the head... | Registered: 03 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Duggaboye,
thank you for your reply.The qual cart list of wildcats is very good

homebrewer

I live in Tarcento,about 20 Km north from Udine,Friuli.Near the Slovenian and Austrian Border

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I live in Tarcento,about 20 Km north from Udine,Friuli.Near the Slovenian and Austrian Border

Way up there, where the summers are cool and not so humid...

I went to Google Earth and saw your town. What is that big building between Coia and Erba? It's 200 metres long. It ain't no bowling alley...

Posts: 16534 | Location: Between my computer and the head... | Registered: 03 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi,
that is a factory that produced silk.Now it is out of business