Find
Notify
Tools

Re: 6mm/22-250
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of arkypete
posted
Is this the cartridge that seems to be taking the long range, 600 to 1,000 yard, NRA matches? Used in an AR10t?
I've considered getting a second upper and having one of the accuracy guru/gunsmiths make one for me.
Jim

Posts: 6173 | Location: Richmond, Virginia | Registered: 17 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think Tubbs is using his called a 6x just a 22-250 case changed and using 1/8 twist barrel for the lvd 6mm bullets. Think they found out that case is better than the 243 and won't burn barrels as bad. I would of gone with the 6x but didn't want to form cases but have heard someone is making cases for the 6x now.

Posts: 1098 | Location: usa | Registered: 16 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think you'll find the the 'X' has it's shoulder moved back. It isn't a straight neck up of the 22/250 anyway.

Posts: 121 | Location: Southern Australia | Registered: 13 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Just not sure need to pull up Tubbs web page and look.

Posts: 1098 | Location: usa | Registered: 16 March 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
sorry i havent been able to get back before this the dreaded work syndrome. but to try and answer some of the questions 1 will be calling for the mag article tomorrow . nothing wrong with the .243 wanted to build some thing not a lot of folks have . the one im going to build is the 6- 22-250 with a 28 degree imp. neck. i was consdering the 6 22/250 xc of mister tubbs, but i really didnt want work so hard on the brass. keep the info coming i do appericate all that you kind people have givin me so far. thanks again hogger

Posts: 12 | Location: cen pa | Registered: 17 June 2004Reply With Quote