Find
Notify
Tools

Re: .375-300 WSM
 Login/Join

Picture of jeffeosso
posted
just to keep his post from being "changed"

and to mark the point where I am insulted... I still haven't found the part where i flamed him...

Quote:

Jeffe,
We are talking feed angles, case diameters and to some extent, case lengths here. No mention of the belt here so don't go there, its not the same stipulation. You're really good at putting garbage in my mouth and adding content, I thought we could agree on something?

I guess these two 'smiths and myself have some "learning" to do....... according to you!

MtnHtr

Posts: 39679 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
insults, spurious comments, arrogance, and diliberate dodging of issues with a strawman arguement of "yo've bitten off more than you can chew"

and i flamed HIM?

Quote:

Jeffe,

You need to give it a rest, biting off more than you can chew is going to make you tired. I apologise if I offended you by expressing my opinion on this forum. Get some rest, you need it.

MtnHtr

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post

hmm, and who flamed who in this thread?

Quote:

Jeffe wrote regarding Charlie Sisk:

"I aint charlie... he's 100 times the smith i'll ever be."

Thats quite plain to see after reading your diatribes on this thread. You need to get out more..............

MtnHtr

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post

Quote:

Tell that to all the PHs over on the Africa Forum, I dare ya. Or better yet, update your insurance premiums the next time you build a WSM based DGR for a customer. The wise hunter prepares for the worst case scenario when hunting dangerous game..................

MtnHtr

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Quote:

I had a conversation with both Mark Bansner and Charlie Sisk awhile back in regards to building a S/A DGR.

Mark stated he has not come across a Win 70 WSM that he could not make feed reliably. When I pressed him about using a WSM based wildcat for a DGR, he then changed his tune and was quick to reply there are far better case designs available that were condusive to feeding reliablity. In other words, for a DGR, Mark felt there are better candidates than the WSMs or WSM wildcats.

When I asked Charlie Sisk about the same subject, he felt it could be done but like Mark felt it would not be the best or wisest choice. He stated Paul Mauser designed his bolt action around the 8mm Mauser round specifically for feeding reliablity during the heat of the battle. He also stated the further you deviate from that case design, the more abrupt angles come into play and things like feeding reliabilty become an issue.

Myself, I'd much rather be toting a DGR in a "proven" cartridge rather than a a WSM based cartridge that already has a spotty record for feeding. Maybe a gunmaker will step up to the plate and build an action specifically for the WSMs,(Ruger and Kimber come to mind) but until then........

MtnHtr

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
turned you off ignore for one day.....

To refresh your memory, you said This below

Quote:

I would not place faith in any of the WSM based cartridges chambered in a bolt action DGR for use on dangerous game... Its your life, why risk it?
MtnHtr

Over at this other site, you posted "wha wha wah, I said it wasn't the BEST Choice... not pusting that you WENT OFF saying it couldn't be done.
oh, yeah, here's the quote from the other site

Quote:

There was another poster on another forum who literally flamed my a$$ when I posted a WSM based wildcat may not be the best choice for a S/A DGR due to potential feeding problems. Please note I posted "best choice", I'm not saying it cannot be done. Why take the difficult route?

Now, Mtnhtr, Either you post here, that it can be done with a wsm, or post there that you stated it CAN'T be done RELIABLY,

or, we'll all just know what you are full of prunes.

I really think I should just put you back on ignore, as in my opinion, you aren't worth the electronic ink required to reply, at this time. Perhaps if you OWN UP to what you have stated.

BTW, cross posting to another site without notification of the person you are cross posting ABOUT is considered to be a breach of netiquete... ranks right up there with insulting people behind their back.

jeffe