New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: 458 Rem Ultra Mag
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Also, the Lap case is quite a bit shorter. I think you end up with a COL somewhere around 3.5", so it may be a wash.

Also, the 450 Rigby was based on the big A-Square cases, right (which, yes, were off the 416) and they ran pretty high pressures. Not sure that is an issue, even if you wanted to hot-rod it.

But back to the topic, the 460 G&H or Vincent Long are just ideal to me. You can have them in a M70 and get four down with a little work. No problems getting the magic 500/2400 either, apparently.

Posts: 2000 | Location: Beaverton OR | Registered: 19 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bwanabe,

Are you sure that you can get 4 down, thats all a drop box magazine will get down with those big ole cases??

Posts: 41964 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed,

That is right at 460 Wby velocity.

I think the reason for that is the 460 is a bit like a 375 H&H that available powders are either a bit fast or a bit slow, excluding Re 15 for the 375 H&H.

Mike

Posts: 7206 | Location: Sydney, Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
No, not sure at all, but the reglah will take three down, so four should be a cinch. Might make five with a drop box. Never seen one myself, so I'm just thinking.

Posts: 2000 | Location: Beaverton OR | Registered: 19 December 2002Reply With Quote