Find
Notify
Tools

7x61 S&H rechamber ??
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Von Gruff
posted
I have a barrel I took off my 7x61 S&H 0n a FN 98 action. It had 7-900 rounds down it and has some life left. there is a 2.106 length of paralell after the thread before the taper starts. There is a possibility of a Sak0 forester action and the idea is to rechamber the 7mm barrel to a short 7mm cartridge that would be best suited to a sound supressor so high velocity is not required.There are mobs of goats available that are shot at regularly and they are very wary and are off at the gallop at the first un-supressed shot. I have friends with quiet rifles and they can get a couple untill I start shooting with my un-supressed 7x57. I believe I need to shorten the 7x61 S&H barrel by 1.53 inches to get to the base dia of the .473 head size. Options for rechamber are in the 7mm BR - 7mm-250. The barrel will be shortened to at least 18 in maybe down to 16 as the overbarrel supressors still add about 5in in length. any input welcomed.

Von Gruff.

Von Gruff.

http://www.vongruffknives.com/

Gen 12: 1-3

Exodus 20:1-17

Acts 4:10-12

Posts: 2684 | Location: South Otago New Zealand. | Registered: 08 February 2009Reply With Quote