Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Any news on big WSM 'cats?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Bawana,

This is the fellow you want to talk with. I copiied a portion of his post's at Shormags site. If you need anymore info, just "E" me.

ShortMags.Org ForumCalibers, Cases, ChambersNew Rem 660 in 458 WSM Noveske
Author New Thread | Post Reply
Posted by: jnrifleworks
Date: 3/19/2004 6:01:26 PM

Shot it today. It weighs 5 lbs, 11 oz. What a gun. When people see it they think it is a youth model or a 22 lr of some sort. Then they see the muzzle. Then I get the looks like I just walked off a spaceship. It is an extreme rifle. My pal Joel has the first one built on the Win 70. It was fun to see the two rifles together, and shoot them. I have some 500s here, but need to come up with some load data to start with. How about a full case of 4350? I plan on hunting with it for Bear and Deer this year. And I�ll be posting as it goes.
God, Family, Guns, Hunting, Poison Oak Soap, and Bear Sausage Spaghetti.
-----------------------
http://www.jnrifleworks.com

BTW, John sent me a fire formed 458 Noveske case and it was very close to the 450 AK in size. No rim on the case as it's formed from the WSM case.
I'm waiting for John to do some 500 grain loads to see if he can achieve 2150 without pressure problems. His 300 grainers went out at 2600 fps. These loads were fired in a sixteen and quarter inch barrel. Twenty inches of tube should add another 100 fps.

Roger QSL

Posts: 1409 | Location: S. E. ARIZONA | Registered: 05 June 2002Reply With Quote