New
Find
Notify
Tools

The 20-225 cartridge...........
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Buying a Encore rifle barrel today, I really looked hard and deep & come up empty for load data. Any leads appreciated, thanks! r in s.

Posts: 866 | Location: Puget Sound country | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a 20-250ai you might try a google seach for "20-250ai weaver rifles" and see what comes up. I think i have about 7.3 grains more or less over you bit you can use 225 load data with 55gr loads for a starting point for the 39 or 40's just be careful. I have not seen any data for that wildcat.
let us know how it turns out.

338vt

Posts: 255 | Location: Left coast, Right mind! | Registered: 16 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Weaver Rifles reports, this is the only one he ever built, so I have a original prototype.....wow! r in s.

Posts: 866 | Location: Puget Sound country | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, I'd start with 38 gr.WW760 and work up. My max for the 20-250ai is 46.5. !!!Yours will be lower!!!! ,but at least you have a starting point. + You could do what I said in the first and go with a starting load for a heavy pill.

I would be very intersted in how this works out for you.

Who is making the dies for you? The 20-250AI was just as easy as Redding bushing 22-250AI dies with smaller bushings. Made/makes getting new dies and parts easy. Smiler.

What are you going to use your 20-225win. for? It's not gong to only see the bench is it?

Talk to you later. 338vt

Posts: 255 | Location: Left coast, Right mind! | Registered: 16 July 2004Reply With Quote