THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM WILDCAT FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Wildcats And Their Development    What to use for 375/350 rem mag loading?

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What to use for 375/350 rem mag loading?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of HHI812
posted
I got a 375/350 Rem Mag barrel for my single shot, and wondering if there is a way of figuring out which powder to use, as well as minimum and maximum charge? e-mail at dennis.madriaga@gmail.com Thanks!!!

Posts: 298 | Location: Anchorage, Alaska | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HHI812:
I got a 375/350 Rem Mag barrel for my single shot, and wondering if there is a way of figuring out which powder to use, as well as minimum and maximum charge? e-mail at dennis.madriaga@gmail.com Thanks!!!

All things being equal you should be able to safely start with the loading data for the350 Rem. You will have to establish your own max. for your individual rifle.

I would feel safe with the following loads as starters for a 270gr. bullet, 53 gr. IMR.4064, 52 gr BL-C(2), 52 gr. WCC846, 52gr. H4895, 58gr. H380, 51gr.WCC844. You can work up from there. lolroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of HHI812
posted Hide Post
Never had a belted case before. How can you tell what a max load is? Thanks, Dennis

Posts: 298 | Location: Anchorage, Alaska | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of Paul H
posted Hide Post
Dennis, belted cases show pressure just like a rimmed or rimless case, you can think of the belt kinda like a rimmed case that has the rim exended past the extractor cut.

The only potential issue is setting up the dies for reloading, really no different than a rimmed case in that aspect.

Posts: 7213 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Isn't this basically the same thing as a 375 Whelan (30-06 necked up to 375-caliber).

DB Bill aka Bill George

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote