THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM WILDCAT FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Wildcats And Their Development    Re: Neck Turning and Annealing 223 Brass

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Neck Turning and Annealing 223 Brass
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of milanuk
posted
Considering the low cost and availability of replacement brass... I'd say annealing is a waste of time/money for .223 Rem. Neck turning... maybe if you have the time to kill, and/or feel the need to try for better results. May not show a marked improvement in a factory gun or one w/o a tighter chamber neck. Usually doesn't hurt, as long as you dont' turn too thin. Sometimes I do for some of my LR ammo (500/600yd prone stages), but more for the sake of peace of mind than any visible result on target. Once-fired processed Lake City brass works pretty well w/o much fuss. I'm leaning towards the partially processed stuff as my Service Rifle has a pretty snug chamber so I end up having to F/L resize even the processed stuff. Just fix it up like regular Winchester commercial stuff, except its $35/1000 instead of $120/1000. Works for me.

Monte

Monte

Posts: 341 | Location: Wenatchee, WA | Registered: 27 February 2002Reply With Quote