Tools

Re: 6mm-222 Rem
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Jim White
posted
Dan,
I think the 6X47 was the 222 Mag and the 222 was referred to as the 6X45. Jim

Posts: 730 | Location: Prescott, AZ | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
Now mate , as a fellow Antipodean and given to philosophising , you know damn well that it isnt the destination but the journey that makes it all worthwhile .
Sure , I could buy off the shelf components and slap em together but that would be too easy . I like to suffer a little for my hobbies so making stuff fit that was never designed to is half the challenge , and I have bulk 222 Rimmed cases now so I shall follow the original plan for this project . If I wanted a bolt action shooter I would investigate all those other rimless options , but I just like Martini actions.....

Posts: 4457 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Steve Malinverni
posted Hide Post
I read something about a 6mm Fadala, on an old Gun&Ammo annual issue.
I gave that magazine to good-for-nothing good, and he never gave back to me
The article was enthusiastic, but it taste like a promo.... However interesting.

Posts: 1653 | Location: Milano Italy | Registered: 04 July 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
Anyone had any experience with this calibre ? Any sad tales to tell ? Or good stories ?

Posts: 4457 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Muzza,

let me know if you don't like the outcome! You might just be lucky enough to have somebody on hand to help you get rid of the project!

Posts: 1275 | Location: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia | Registered: 02 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
well, I had to go back and look this up, because it was making me crazy, but the 6mm-222 was sold as a commercial round in Australia, the 243 Myra (according to Wolfe's Wildcats). Good article with load data, by the way. - Dan

Posts: 5284 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Steve Malinverni
posted Hide Post
Muzza and AZCoues,
I'm happy to have a brain DB still functioning
The good thing of this caliber is the components availability (222 cases) and the relative development easiness.
Which bullet weight were managed? I like the idea to shoot a 100/105 grains bullet.
Muzza, even if in Italy is difficult to manage a wildcat, can you inform me about your development progresses?
Is it a problem for you scan the article and send it to me via e-mail?

Posts: 1653 | Location: Milano Italy | Registered: 04 July 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Muzza,
Believe it or not, I have found the 6mm-222 dies that I mentioned earlier....They are the old RCBS 2-die set. If you are interested in them, just let me know.....Tell you what I'll do....If you think you can use them, I'll give them to you...Give me an address, I'll send them to you and you can send me the cost of the postage...They looked like they were in perfect shape....
George

Posts: 142 | Location: Jaccksonville, N. C. | Registered: 10 February 2004Reply With Quote