THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM WILDCAT FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Wildcats And Their Development    Good web sight for 338 06 /imp /etc, imfo

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Good web sight for 338 06 /imp /etc, imfo
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Im want to decide on a cartrige like a 338 06 or imp with a 06 case head for a project rifle .
Whats a good cartrige diagram , load web sight to look at?

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 100 | Location: anchorage,alaska,USA | Registered: 15 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Here's a good one. Kinda focuses on the 'new' Weatherby offering of the 338-06, but it's got some useful loads, etc.

http://www.huntingmag.com/guns_loads/338_06_rises/

I went with the 338-06 Improved myself, and I like it a lot. Very good performance, but not a lot of load data available for it specifically. I'm still trying to get this picture posting thing figured out. I've got a pic of a 338-06AI next to both a 30-06 and 338WinMag for comparison. I can e-mail it if you would like. maxman

Posts: 337 | Location: Minnesota, USA | Registered: 23 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
I built my own. Based on an improved 280 with the shoulder moved forward. Much like the 338 gibbs with a 40deg shoulder. I have put my 338wmag away almost same performance less powder and recoil.

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote