What .25 calibers
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
are built on the 308 win case?

6.5 Bandit

one of us
posted Hide Post
One I know of is the .25 Souper (spel) there is a good write up about it in the most recent Handloader Mag. Faster than a standard .257 Bob and not quite all that a Bob improved or a 25-06 is. The old .308 vs. 30-06 thing brought to a smaller scale.

Posts: 901 | Location: Denver, CO USA | Registered: 01 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
i just got my Bob Imp back from the smith today. got 35 rounds down the tube and it is fast becoming a favorite.

the 25 souper lookis like an sweet little round.

Posts: 159 | Location: Saskatchewan  | Registered: 14 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The .25 Souper is about the only .308 based cartridge I haven't owned at one time or the other. I may have to work on that. But a Bob imp. would work too.........

Posts: 901 | Location: Denver, CO USA | Registered: 01 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys.. I forgot all about the .25 Souper after diggin up some info it sounds like it is a hot little round.. Just dont hear to much on it.. Im a big fan of the 308 case and will have to add this to my collection..

6.5 Bandit

posted Hide Post
Don't overlook the 257DGR. It is the ballistic twin of the 25 Souper but I like the case design better. A bit less body tapper, a longer neck and a 30 degree shoulder.

You can find more information on it at these web pages:
http://www.angelfire.com/nd/243ackleyimproved
http://www.duanesguns.com

Good Hunting
Jeff in ND

Posts: 15 | Location: ND | Registered: 20 December 2003Reply With Quote