New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Quickload vs. Load From A Disk
 Login/Join

Picture of Zero
posted
I too have both programs, and have to second Steve on this if you can only afford one buy Quickload, its much more flexable, and its 150.oo well spent!

Zero

Posts: 26 | Location: Florida | Registered: 31 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dave Jenkins
posted Hide Post
LFD appears to group powders by approx. burn rate. and makes its suggestions based upon those rates. You may get 8 suggested powders for a particular load..but the top 4 will give you the same estimated charges and Mvs and likewise the bottom four will all be the same. I sat at the computer with my Nosler #5 and checked their accuracy loads for given case and bullet combos against those in LFD and oftens times the powder Nolser found to be most accurate didnt even come up as an option in LFD. I have only played with the QL demo but this is probably another case were the old axiom "you get what you pay for" applies.

Posts: 569 | Location: VA, USA | Registered: 22 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
I have the LFD program. I've found it be very useful when there is no load data available, such as wildcats and old cartridges that I might be iterested in. The newest version has a huge selection of cartridges to pick from and if you can't find it, punch in the dimensions and it'll make a cartridge for you. It seems to "guesstimate" the velocity a little on the slow side from my personal experience, but all in all I find it to be a great program.

I've never used QuickLoad. It might be better, but the price was too cost prohibitive for me. I wouldn't use it enough to justify the extra expence.

QuickLoad $149.00

Load From A Disk $60.00

Terry

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lar45
posted Hide Post
I have quickload and load tech. Quickload is a very good program. The price does seem kind of steep. I bought Load tech because it was cheaper. I should have bought beer instead. I then bought quickload and was happy. I haven't tried load from a disk. Load tech will give you about as much info as drinking a beer and browsing through a load manual. I'd sell you my copy of load tech, but you'd just wish that you had bought beer instead.
save yourself the hair pulling and get quickload. It's expensive, but it works and seems to work well.

Posts: 2924 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 23 December 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I have Quickload and LFD. I like Quickload much better. I wish however that they could add more powders to the database, also, that they could include bullet lengths for the major ammo makers [Remington; Winchester; etc.]l