THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM WILDCAT FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Wildcats And Their Development    Re: New family of extreme performance wildcats coming.

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: New family of extreme performance wildcats coming.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
OK, I'll bite.
Let's see some ballistic comparisons between these rounds and comparable loads in the .257", .264" and .277" STW case. If we give it a 4" max ordinate (on the large side, right?), what's the difference in BPR?

Posts: 2000 | Location: Beaverton OR | Registered: 19 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Elkslayer
posted Hide Post
Fiftydriver- You say...

Well lets look at the 257 STW first. The rifle in the pics has a 30" Lilja 3 groove barrel and drives the 130 gr bullets which were used on the whitetail to 3467 fps average for 10 shots in 50 degree temps at 3000 ft elevation."

That's chump change!

I get 4750 fps outta my 40" barreled 250 Savage modified/streatched/improved 50 necked down using 600 grains of ammonium nitrate and 3 teaspoons of diesel and a 1 1/2 inch 25cal 300 gr lead slug with a gas check!

Calm down, Just teasin' and havin' fun on a friday afternoon

Posts: 452 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 15 November 2002Reply With Quote