Notify
Tools

Re: 6mm-222 Rem
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Murray,
Check your PM from me.....George

Posts: 142 | Location: Jaccksonville, N. C. | Registered: 10 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
One of the "Annual editions" of one sort or another from wayback when has an article abbout Fadala's 6mm-222 development.

Did not seem to be promotional to me, just a here is what we wanted, built and family has shot for all of these years with great sucess kinda stories.

Posts: 4231 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Steve Malinverni
posted Hide Post
LuisB,
please, grant me some extenuating circumstance.
I was quoting on an article that I read at least 5 or 6 years ago, and I was less trained in speaking and reading English.
In Italy that type of article are, generally speaking, are promo.

Different habits I think..

Posts: 1653 | Location: Milano Italy | Registered: 04 July 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
Guys - my copy of the article by Sam Fadala is in the Combo Edition of Wildcat Cartridges 1 & 11 which is a collection of the Wildcat Forum articles from Handloader Magazine over the years.

If you have a copy of the magazine that featured the 6mm-222Rem I would be interested to know the year date,out of curiosity.

As to the project , to date I have a Martini Cadet action with semi finished stock , a 6mm stainless Kimber barrel with no chamber , some dies on the way , and 200 new old stock Super 222 Rimmed cases . I have my local gunsmith keen to finish the stock for me , another very skilled machinist who will do the barrel mounting work and cut the chamber and hopefully make a quarter rib for scope mounting and a little load data for reloading some experimental cartridges . Having said all that , it may well be a year or more before finances allow me to complete this project , recent employment changes ( read currently without employment - by choice )have made the discretionary budget shrink somewhat . But we will get there eventually...

Posts: 4457 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote