Find
Notify
Tools

6.5 Stw
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Croberts
posted
Just got done building a 6.5 STW in a Shilen 1 in 8 twist barrel on a Rem 700. Does anybody have any load data on this brainchild of Layne Simpson.
Thanks,
Croberts

A man should never stop learning, so a man should never stop asking questions

Posts: 164 | Location: Abingdon Va. | Registered: 09 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ohmygosh Cr, don't tell me you had a rifle built for a wildcat, and a barrel burner besides, and you don't have an idea of bullets, powders, or loads. Roll Eyes Eeker

You should be able to interpolate data from the 6.5/300 weatherby. Lots of info on that one. Determine case capacity of each and go from there.

Ray

Arizona Mountains

Posts: 1560 | Location: Arizona Mountains | Registered: 11 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Croberts
posted Hide Post
I have some load data for Layne that he wrote about in shooting times. BUt no first hand from anyone else.
Thanks,
Croberts

A man should never stop learning, so a man should never stop asking questions

Posts: 164 | Location: Abingdon Va. | Registered: 09 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Try the article entitled 264 Thor in Handloader 19. The article was written quite a while before the STW came out but the two rounds are quite similar except for the shoulder angle and a few grains difference. I am seriously considering bringing the old original Thor out and trying some of the new powders to see what, if any, gains there might be. Also available on-line at:
kailuacustomguns.con
Click on articles.

Aloha, Mark

When the fear of death is no longer a concern----the Rules of War change!!

Posts: 978 | Location: S Oregon | Registered: 06 March 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
mark

I wanted to read that article but can't find it. Did you quote the correct issue of Handloader??

Ray

Arizona Mountains

Posts: 1560 | Location: Arizona Mountains | Registered: 11 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dear Ray,
You were correct! Old age, blindness to name a few----Supposed to be #17 pg 184.
Aloha, Mark

When the fear of death is no longer a concern----the Rules of War change!!

Posts: 978 | Location: S Oregon | Registered: 06 March 2004Reply With Quote