New
Find
Notify
Tools

6mm express junior
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
does anyone have any info on this chambering?

No matter where you go or what you do there you are! Yes tis true and tis pity but pity tis, tis true.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is it by chance known by any other name? When was it designed? Who designed it?

Posts: 16534 | Location: Between my computer and the head... | Registered: 03 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't have any other info except rcbs makes dies for it and I'm looking at a rifle with this on the barrel.

No matter where you go or what you do there you are! Yes tis true and tis pity but pity tis, tis true.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If RCBS makes dies for it, they are the best source for loading info. At least, that's what I'd have to think.

Posts: 16534 | Location: Between my computer and the head... | Registered: 03 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
got some info it's a 6-284 trimmed to 2.13 with a weatherby shoulder, sounds like something to steer away from.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ralph Payne designed it right after Winchester brought it out.
A 6-284 is about a 6mm-06 for velocity, if the bore is good I'd go ahead and try it out.

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mike ray says,
quote:
...with a Weatherby shoulder...
I agree: Stay away from this one. My concern is where to get brass once you've worn out the ones you have. You may have to form it yourself. That double radius on Webby cases, to me, could present problems. I'd either do more research or pass it by...

Is this it?

http://ammoguide.com/cgi-bin/a...fCciBiYTNg&catid=228

One of Us
posted Hide Post
HB,

with 6.5-284 brass readily available, I would have to give it a try. Good old Imperial Sizing Die Wax those cases and ease them thru the FL die.
The Handloaders Manual of Cartridge Conversions shows it on Page 419. 100gr bullets over 3300fps. With 6.5 brass you only have to neck it down twenty-thousandths.
200 cases is a lifetime supply.

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:

HB,

with 6.5-284 brass readily available, I would have to give it a try. Good old Imperial Sizing Die Wax those cases and ease them thru the FL die. The Handloaders Manual of Cartridge Conversions shows it on Page 419. 100gr bullets over 3300fps. With 6.5 brass you only have to neck it down twenty-thousandths.
200 cases is a lifetime supply.

Rich
Shows you how little I know-- about anything...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Score one for me. That means I am down about three hundred to you...

At least the shutout is over.

Rich

One of Us
posted Hide Post
HB,I thought this was the Wildcat forum. We can form anything.
Butch

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by butchlambert:
HB,I thought this was the Wildcat forum. We can form anything.
Butch

shockerSome can some can't. homerroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
LOAD FROM A DISK shows it as the same as a 6mm/284 but with the should set back 0.055" with 64.4 gr of H2o. A 243 is 52.7 and a 6 Rem is 54.3. The 6/284 is 64.5 gr of H2o.

Posts: 538 | Location: North of LA, Peoples Rep. of Calif | Registered: 27 November 2004Reply With Quote