Find
Notify
Tools

Need 30-06 cylinder brass
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Trying to reach ZHat anybody know a phone number
Need 300 rounds of 30-06 cylinder brass for 35 Whelen.
Larry

Posts: 1571 | Location: New Mexico Texas Border | Registered: 29 March 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
Larry.

Z-hat has no number he gives out.

I just bought the last 60 pieces of Cylinder z-hat had about a month ago. He said his supplier had "NO CLUE" when he would have any more available.

How long a case do you need? Quality has some longer cylinder brass 2.55" +/- but it probably says 400 whelen on it. Wayne at AHR has/had Howell basic that is 2.65" long. Some using the basic had issues with their sizer hitting the web.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Are you willing to fire form and do you need correctly head stamped brass?

You might be able to use 280ai...
Graf's

Posts: 188 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 12 July 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Are you making 35 Whelen from this or do you have a wildcat with which you're working. Quality Cartridge has properly headstamped 400 Whelen brass which is cylindrical 30-06 brass that has not been sized to 400 Whelen yet.

If you just need 35 Whelen brass there is plenty of it on the auction sites.

"...I advise the gun. While this gives a moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprize, and independance to the mind. Games played with the ball and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks." Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 993 | Location: Wasilla, AK | Registered: 22 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys that brass from Quality will work.
Thanks again
Larry

Posts: 1571 | Location: New Mexico Texas Border | Registered: 29 March 2009Reply With Quote