New
Find
Notify
Tools

375 Herrett Load
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Been playing with my latest project(14" Contebnder) Looking for load ideas using 180 Hornady SSP or 150 Midway SP. Have tried W296 (not particularly accurate with 180). Now on to H4227, not yet tested. Had a recommendation re using 'Lil Gun but no load data. Have cron will work up. Any suggestions for same or other?

Posts: 168 | Location: No. Minnesota | Registered: 10 January 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of Paul H
posted Hide Post
Is it a 357 Herret or 375 Confused Assuming a 357 Herret, I found AA 1680 to be about the best powder, H-110, Lil gun et all simply burn too fast in the Herret.

Posts: 7213 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Paul. It's a Herrett. If H110 is to fast, it would explain the poor results I got with 180's and W296 which is essentially the same as 110. Both are cited as options in some of my sources.

Posts: 168 | Location: No. Minnesota | Registered: 10 January 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of Paul H
posted Hide Post
Hornady published data in one of their loading manuals, I don't recall which addition but I made a copy of the data and believe I still have it.

It seems powder wise, the slowest pistol powders are too fast, and for rifle powders, you want the faster ones, as I found even RL 7 was too slow. I worked up loads with 200 gr cast.

Posts: 7213 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote