New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any one have any 6mm Ackley pet loads?
 Login/Join

<Al Smith>
posted
I'm in the process of having a 6mm Rem Ackley Improved built. It should be done in the next couple of weeks. I want to shoot 70 gr bullets and was wondering if anyone has a pet load that they wish to share.

Thanks for the info,

Al

one of us
posted Hide Post
Tell us more about your rifle.

The new Sierra #5 has loads for that cartridge and they show the accuracy load for 70 gr bullets to use IMR 4350. The rifle they used to test these load has a 1-8 26" barrel and they got 3200 fps from the 107 gr MK

Posts: 5543 | Registered: 09 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Snapper
posted Hide Post
Al,

I'm having a 6mm AI built as well and found some loads on the following link. Let me know what works for you.

My gun will have a 1-10 twist and a barrel just over 26 inches. Rem 700 long action. Kieger barrel. I may hay the gun back by this fall.

I will be firforming with 87 grain Hornady's and will start working up loads with the 70 TnT bullets. I also want to try the 65 and 75 grain Vmax bullets. My friend Mark says the 55 and 70 grain Nosler BT's are great as well.

Good luck.

Posts: 767 | Location: U.S.A. | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
<Al Smith>
posted
My gun is a Rem 700 with a 27" Pac-Nor barrel with a 1-12" twist.

one of us
Picture of Snapper
posted Hide Post
Here is the link for 6mm AI loads:

http://www.angelfire.com/sd/6mmackley/index.html

Posts: 767 | Location: U.S.A. | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi Al,

Mike J's 6mm Ackley Improved web site has a lot of good loading info for the 70 grain bullets you asked about. I have a link on that site under The Big Dog. I've used the 70gr TNT's to shoot in some 500 meter benchrest matches and have done very well with them. Another bullet that works for me is the 70gr Blitzking from Sierra. They also work great on varmints. There is also a picture of my 6mm Ackley on that link. The best loads that I've found for my 6mm AI has been 44.5-46gr of 4064.

Good luck with your 6mm AI, The Big Dog

Posts: 89 | Location: Tacoma, Wash, USA | Registered: 07 May 2002Reply With Quote