posted
there's a 700/bmg
a 45
a 416
and they are ALL way overbore....

Posts: 38488 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
aside from the practical joke wildcats (22-50BMG etc), there is a 338-50, in both a full length and a shortened version, and I've seen a shortened 375 on the 50 case as well. - Dan

Posts: 5284 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lar45
posted Hide Post
I was thinking about putting a rim on the 50 cal and do a short chamber for a double conversion. I'll bet you could get way low pressure with a 650 at 2150??

Posts: 2924 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 23 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Has there been many wildcats based on the 50 cal browning ?
I was wondering because a lot of wildcats seem to be aiming at putting the smallest possible bullet on the largest possible case.

Posts: 168 | Location: Kalgoorlie, Australia | Registered: 03 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
StateArms used to make a gun they called the Mach 5, that was a 50 BMG (not shortened) necked down to 375. The 308/50BMG has been done as well. The problem with all of them is they're the worst barrel burners you can imagine.

Posts: 852 | Location: Austin | Registered: 24 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Don't forget the 50 Spotter and the 50 BMG/Fisher. There are MANY others, just check the Fifty Cal Shooters Association (FCSA), they wrote books on this. I have seen a 14.5 on the BMG case, and have one on the books myself in yet another caliber.

Like Jeffe said, most all are very much overbore, one person is offering rifles in 50 Spotter Improved that are providing similar ballistics to the 50 BMG from shorter barrels - not a new concept at all, but finally getting some interest in the larger bores.

For total lack of sanity, I have to see if I can find the picture of the 17 cal based on the 20mm case ...

LAR45 - I have seen the Rimmed 50 BMG for use in Africa (standard 50 not allowed as it is military) and the cartridge you suggest sounds a lot like the 70-12 gauge. I think either Rob or Ray was working on one of these.

Posts: 327 | Location: Texas | Registered: 22 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
There is a 600 and 700 DKT. I have the dies and reamers for a 50BMG improved and a 458 and 416/50 BMG. if I ever get finished with my current project. I'll start on tese.

dan

Posts: 62 | Location: Texas | Registered: 16 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Talk to David White over at www.bellmtcs.com/forum/index

He has a whole gang of them based on a short'en 50bmg

Posts: 1529 | Location: Tidewater,Virginia | Registered: 12 August 2002Reply With Quote