Find
Notify
Tools

17/357 Max
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of tred1956
posted
I was reading about 17 calibers and ran across this one. Caught my interest. Does anyone have any loading, velocity or accuracy information on it? Would love to hear of your experiences good or bad. Planning a 17 caliber 16-17 inch barrel for a Contender and would like a rimmed case. Very early in the planning stages so all input will be appreciated. Also would like to know what other 17's are close to this one in velocity and case size. No particular end use in mind just want to make real little holes from a long way off.

Thanks in advance
Doug

Enjoy life but remember, we are only practicing for something better.

Posts: 2692 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: 11 June 2008Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
The 17 MachIV/17 Fireball are the 17/357 Max's closest relatives. Case capacities are pretty close and performance is for all practical purposes identical. I've been useing Ramshot X-Terminator in all three for a while now with excellent results. I also use a lot of H322. The 20gr V-Max will really fly from this case, but I usually stick woth the 25-27gr bullets for most uses.
-John

Posts: 1 | Location: michigan | Registered: 21 May 2010Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
There has been mention of a .17 Baker, aka .17/357 Max, on the Saubier.com forum. One poster took a .17 Mach IV Contender barrel and had a recess cut for the rim of the .357 max brass. Same chamber.

Posts: 45 | Location: Biloxi, MS | Registered: 15 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CRUSHER
posted Hide Post
marty over at tepo-jetsu has this done I think . it is out there just cant remember exactly where I saw it.

VERITAS ODIUM PARIT

Posts: 1624 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 04 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is it similar to this?

The shoulder is rolled a little, but will straighten out in fireforming.
Butch

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote