THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM WILDCAT FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Wildcats And Their Development    The die is cast, the stage, it is set....

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The die is cast, the stage, it is set....
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have FINALLY decided on my next (2) projects. 1. a 6x45 (6mm/223). Was going to use a CZ527 action, but son informs me that this would be more hazardous to my health than smoking (it's become sort of 'HIS' 223!!!), besides I HATE the box magazine, so have decided to get a short action Sako (L461) or a Ruger 77 MkII (yes I know everybody hates them , but I have one in 270 and it's great!), and 2. a SMLE rebarreled to 35/303Brit - no idea why, but I grew up with SMLE's, and want something a bit different. The 6x45 I can kind of justify, but would I be better of just getting a Mauser 98 in 8x57? The latter will be a 'truck gun'. ie it won't be a showpiece, but will have open or apperture sights for quick handling. Any thoughts?

Posts: 1275 | Location: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia | Registered: 02 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
Hey! Is this a test? The correct answer is get both the Ruger 6X45 and a 8mmX57 which now days is rather reasonable. .Are you grading on a curve? roger

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote