New
Find
Notify
Tools

6mm-06AI
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I'm looking for load data for 6mm-06AI for a Douglas 1-12 twist barrel and 100 grain bullet.
Thank you

Posts: 33 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 31 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
1-12 twist is pretty slow for 100gr 6mm pills. I'm pretty sure you want atleast a 10 twist if not a 9. With a 12 I don't know that you would want to go much over 80gr.

one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
Per Shilen
6mm/.243
- 8" Special for VLD bullets over 100 gr.
- 8"* Ratchet rifled 4 groove
- 10" For bullets up to 120 gr. and VLD under 100 gr.
- 12" for bullets up to 85gr.
- 13"* for bullets up to 75gr.
- 14"* for bullets up to 70gr.
- 14"* Ratchet rifled 4 groove
- 15"* Special for bullets up to 70gr.

If you have the 12" good luck. Don't have any data. Try 6-06 or 6-284 and work up from there.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you don't find any 6-06 or 6-284 data 240wby data should put you in the ball park. Start safe and work up.

one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
quote:
240wby data should put you in the ball park

thumb Great point I forgot that one.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks to all for the reply. I've used 240 wby data for my 6mm-284 and other 6mm-06AI rifles, however, they had faster twist 1-9 and 1-10 and could shoot 100 grain bullets very accurately. I'll use some 55 grain Nosler's with the 240 whby data and work up from there. The rifle will be a bench toy unless I get wheels for it. Thanks again.

Posts: 33 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 31 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Al-I've done a fair bit of work with the 6/06 (not the AI version), and if it were me trying to make those 100's fly I'd first try R25, then R22 and then finally H4831sc.

Good luck
Dober

Posts: 1089 | Location: Bozeman, Mt | Registered: 05 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
popcornIn the mid 60s my 6mmx.270IMP used up a lot of 4831 with great results. Must addmitt the barrel had a faster twist . lolroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a gain twist 240 Gibbs, uses 870. Very accurate rifle. - dan

"Intellectual truth is eternally one: moral or sentimental truth is a geographic and chronological accident that varies with the individual" R.F. Burton

Posts: 5284 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dan-good to see you're still above ground, I was wondering the other day where you went?

Mark D

Posts: 1089 | Location: Bozeman, Mt | Registered: 05 August 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi Mark, good to hear from you. I had some problems with the old ticker, but I'm back on the horse now and riding hard. Just getting ready to head to India for work for a few weeks. Had a cold winter here so far, how's things around Bozeman? - dan

"Intellectual truth is eternally one: moral or sentimental truth is a geographic and chronological accident that varies with the individual" R.F. Burton

Posts: 5284 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ROSCOE
posted Hide Post
I am using RL 25 with 100g bullets in my smm-06AI with great results. I will have to look at the exact load. I killed several deer with this load last year. Fun gun to hunt with!

R. Lee Ermey: "The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle."
We're going to be "gifted" with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and fined if we don't, Which purportedly covers at least ten million more people, without adding a single new doctor, but provides for 16,000 new IRS agents, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that didn't read it but exempted themselves from it, and signed by a President, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, for which we'll be taxed for four years before any benefits take effect, by a government which has already bankrupted Social Security and Medicare, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that's broke!!!!! 'What the hell could possibly go wrong?'

Posts: 2122 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote