THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM WILDCAT FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Wildcats And Their Development    Re: Which .308 based wildcat deer rifle ?

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Which .308 based wildcat deer rifle ?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Bottom line is that it is hard to go wrong with just about anything off the 308 case. If the deer are big I would not go less than 6.5mm. If the distances are long and/or conditions are windy I would not go more than 7.62mm. If I was starting out custom why not go with AI (you can still shoot factory ammo in 7mm and 7.62mm) plus you get the added benefit of larger case volume (most likely more velocity and better case life). I started shooting a 7-08 last year and it has done very well in silhouette competitions and on 2-antelope and 1-muley.

Deke.

Posts: 691 | Location: Somewhere in Idaho | Registered: 31 December 2002Reply With Quote