posted
..or chrom moly ?
.221 fireball, straight taper.
What do I stand to gain/lose with
one over the other ?
triigo

one of us
posted Hide Post
This is kind of off topic, but if you are interested, I have a slightly used set of RCBS Dies for 221 Fireball and about 60 unfired, primed Remington cases for it also.

-Spencer

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
I think now it's a toss up and it really boils down to personal preferance. It depends on whether you want to take care of the bluing or just wipe and go with the stainless. 20-30 years ago stainless steels were generally held to higher quality standards and they were of a more consistent quality than carbon steels. Now that alloy mixing and temperature controls are done with much better computers, I don't know if that's always true.

Posts: 12700 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a short barrel Contender carbine in .221. Mine is CM full bull but if I had to do it over again I would have gotten SS. Accuracy wise I think there is no real difference in the two but I shoot out in the weather and SS would give me one less thing to worry about even tho my frame is CM.

Posts: 901 | Location: Denver, CO USA | Registered: 01 February 2001Reply With Quote