THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM WILDCAT FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Wildcats And Their Development    Just got my 17 /416 Rigby back? any load info?

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just got my 17 /416 Rigby back? any load info?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Just got my 17/416 Rigby back from the gunsmith's. and my 60 power Leupold scope mounted. Will be taking it prairie dog shooting and wondered if anyone has any load data on it or if anyone else shoots one also?>
[Confused] [Eek!]

Posts: 2889 | Location: Southern OREGON | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Tomjac
posted Hide Post
No I'd have any reloadingdata for you sir, BTW I did get my 416/17 Remington yesterday.. [Smile]

You are kidding me, there is no 17/416 Rigby is't it??

Posts: 191 | Location: Kolbjørnsvik, Norway | Registered: 21 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sure there is Tommy;

Buy the way enjoy that 416/17.

What is the maximum point black range on that?
2 feet? or less?

Posts: 2889 | Location: Southern OREGON | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Charcoal briquettes might be a good place to start..... you might have to duplex some Bullseye in the case first to get it started!!!

Bob [Eek!]

Posts: 120 | Location: El Dorado, Arkansas, USA | Registered: 06 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'd recommend adding some shredded newspaper to the charcoal just to add a little more velocity.

Posts: 187 | Location: Nuevo Mexico | Registered: 15 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Big Bore
posted Hide Post
Why did you go with such a small case? I am waiting for my 48" Lothar Walther barrel to come back for my AR-50 in .17-50 BMG. Next project might be a .14 on the 20mm Vulcan round. Now that baby will shoot nothing but plasma streams [Wink]

Posts: 641 | Location: Indiana, U.S.A. | Registered: 21 October 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Elkslayer
posted Hide Post
Seafire - Try 2 parts ammonia fertilizer and 1 part diesel fuel. That ought to work just fine! [Big Grin]

Posts: 452 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 15 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Don't mean to be too mercenary here but-------
how about signing over your life insurance policy to me.........You are definitely "AT PLAY IN THE FIELDS OF THE LORD" I do wish you well!!

Ol' John

Posts: 111 | Location: Hondo, Texas 78861 | Registered: 16 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Seafire

My Riggy 17 kills gophers

I have load data and case forming instructions for U!

Neck down from 416 to 17 in two operations!
1) Push reloading press handle down.
2) Pull handle up.

NOTE.... Case may wrinkle [Frown]

NECK TURNING INSTRUCTIONS.
Don't bother. Load data will fix case!

LOAD DATA

127 grains Reloader BULLseye.
Velocity +- 10,000 fps.
Pressure. Is a little warm

FIRING DESTRUCTIONS

1) Place rifle beside your favorite gopher hole.
2) Get a long string.
3) Unravel string carefully. [Eek!]

Buddy borrowed my gun last week and has not returned it yet.

Will tell you how it shot when I get it back.

Will help you ANY time.

Jamie
( the expurt )

Posts: 322 | Location: B.C. Canada | Registered: 31 March 2003Reply With Quote