New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: 338 Short Mag?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Kirby- that is an excellent post, and I am pretty much right there with you on your thoughts.

I too shoot a 338/300 wsm and it comes very close to the 338 win mag but it is not completely there. For what it is worth I pretty think that is the way it is with the 7 WSM vs the 7 Rem and also with the 300 ws vs the 300 Win and I would guess you could also say it for the 270 wsm vs the 270 wby. They are all pretty darn close, but they are not the equal of the old standards. At least not by this old boys way of looking at things. Nor by the clocking work and the load work I've seen and done.

Have a super week, it's time for yotes isn't it!

"GET TO THE HILL"

Dogz

Posts: 879 | Location: Bozeman,Montana USA | Registered: 31 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Why would a short action be any advantage in any big game rifle? I think some of you have way too much time on your hands and need a full time job!

Its just darn hard to justify anything over a .338 Win. in any direction and the bolt throw an weight advantage of a short magnum over a std. action is a damn joke....

The only difference in men and boys is the cost of the mens toys is my take!

Posts: 42167 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote