New
Find
Notify
Tools

22 Munster-photos
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
A boring day. I decided to get out the case forming dies. This is a 458 Lott shortened to 1.090" and has a 90grain Berger 22 bullet seated.

Butch
www.shadetreeea.com

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Juggernaut76
posted Hide Post
Is that a reverse-Weatherby double-radius shoulder?! Big Grin

Praise be to the Lord, my rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle.

Posts: 427 | Location: Clarkston, MI | Registered: 06 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I like it! lol but I'd like to see this on a the .378 Wby case, now THAT will look interesting!

If you think every possible niche has been filled already, thank a wildcatter!

Posts: 2287 | Location: CO | Registered: 14 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
MHS,

read thru your copies of Precision Shooting. I did a 22-378Wby Ackley Improved shape and Gene Solyntjes did an article on it. Still have the dies and reamer. It went well when Wby brought out the 30-378 brass!

Rich
Buff Killer

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i dont have any old copies of PS Frowner what length was that lil 22-378? the 22 munster sure looks cool tho! wonder what the velocity would be like, seeing as total capacity has to be a bit less then the 223wssm?

If you think every possible niche has been filled already, thank a wildcatter!

Posts: 2287 | Location: CO | Registered: 14 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:
MHS,

read thru your copies of Precision Shooting. I did a 22-378Wby Ackley Improved shape and Gene Solyntjes did an article on it. Still have the dies and reamer. It went well when Wby brought out the 30-378 brass!

Can you give us any performance info on it? popcornroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It was 10 years ago and Rich is still waiting for the barrel to cool down.

NRA Patron Life Member Benefactor Level

Posts: 1283 | Registered: 15 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You're too funny Eddie.
Butch

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote