New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Newton Book now available!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hello All: The new Newton Book by Larry Wales is now available. Good description is on: www.NewtonRifles.com. Its available directly from author: larry@newtonrifles.com, phone: 231-537-2285
EBay, www.gunbroker.com. Author: Lawrence Wales,
11175 McArthur Road, Levering, MI 49755
My copy is on the way. I'll post more when I review it, but with Marc jamison making new Newton Brass...I'd bet a renewal of interest in the Newton cartidges...since they are outperformers...and the .30 Newton case makes up great wildcats. I have a .280 Newton & a .416 Newton now, in addition to the standard Newton cartridges. Best Regards,
Tom

Posts: 287 | Location: Cody, Wyoming | Registered: 02 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
WB,

you are really wanting me to turn that 1908 Brazilian action I have into a 350 Newton, aren't you? Just keep it up buddy...

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Idaho Sharpshooter: The .35 Newton was described by Ackley as being about optimum for the .35 bore, efficent & powerful. That's about the only standard Newton cartridge I don't have.
I'm having a lot of fun with my .280 Newton (.30 Newton necked down...will give the 7mmSTW a run with a lot shorter case). Also, great fun with the .416 Newton..I think the .416 Newton will prove itself to be a superior .416 (without a belt), easy to make too. I used a 1909 Argentine action for my .280 Newton. I can't wait until the weather is good, hunting season over so I can work on the .280 Newton more (see what loads I can wring out of that case). So far, its been impressive!
OK: Chas Newton: These: the .22 Hi-Power, .22 Newton, .250-3000, .25-06, .256 Newton, .30 Newton, .30-06 (Neidner claimed Newton had much to do with its design when he worked as a reservist at the armory),its noteworthy that in Newton's rifles, it was the only cartridge other than the Newton line that was chambered). .30 Newton, .35 Newton & .400 Newton. Yep, brother, he did real good!
Best Regards,
Tom
ps. Ackley, among others, used his .30 Newton to make up some of his best wildcats!

Posts: 287 | Location: Cody, Wyoming | Registered: 02 July 2006Reply With Quote