New
Find
Notify
Tools

Super 6mm
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anyone using a 6mm/7mm stw or a 6mm/264 wm ?
I am looking for a cartridge to preform like a 6.17 Lazzeroni flash ie. 70 gns. @ 4200 fps.
To be able to use cheaper brass than Lazzeroni would be nice.
Is there a 6mm/7mm ultra mag?
Regards
hjl

Posts: 47 | Location: Qld. Australia | Registered: 29 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
in a word, no.

There is an alternative, however. Some years back, I had a reamer cut for the 9.3x64 Brennecke, but necked down to 6mm and a 35-degree shoulder. It was a 6-284 in a 2.5" long case. A 6-284 on steroids, if you will. Add 300fps to the published velocity data you see on the 6-284 and go from there.

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sid Goodling (Goodling Rifles Spring Grove PA.) has a reamer for a 6mm x 264. Not sure about the shoulder angle. He advertises in Precision Shooting and on BR Central.

Posts: 868 | Location: maryland | Registered: 25 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A 6mm on a full length mag case(stw) or the ultramag is going to WAY overbore... I bet it would make a wonderful antelope rifle though.

Posts: 86 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 17 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I use a 6/06 a ton load and it will with a lot of tubes make 4K with the 70.

A good bud of mine has a 240 Arnold (7 RM necked down to 6) and I am fairly sure that he could go close to that 42 range with his. He has always mainly used the 95 NBT for comers though.

I've heard of more than a few 25?STW's no 6's as of yet though.

Good luck in your endeavors.

Mark D

Posts: 1089 | Location: Bozeman, Mt | Registered: 05 August 2005Reply With Quote