New
Find
Notify
Tools

9.3 Dakota?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
A friend of mine is looking at a rifle that is chambered in 9.3 Dakota. I assume that it's a 375 Dakota necked down to 9.3mm. The Dakota rounds are based on the 404J case. Does anyone have any experience with this wildcat?

Posts: 20165 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
Dakota Brass sucks. Beyond that the idea is sounds.

Just use another companies brass to make it work.

We had a couple rifles built on Lazzeroni and Dakota brass at the gunshop in Australia. Every piece of brass was junk.

I would shy away from any Dakota or Lazzeroni based project unless I had another source of brass.

The cartridges themselves are well designed though.

Posts: 7782 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of waterrat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Wonderful Wyoming:
Dakota Brass sucks. Beyond that the idea is sounds.

Just use another companies brass to make it work.

We had a couple rifles built on Lazzeroni and Dakota brass at the gunshop in Australia. Every piece of brass was junk.

I would shy away from any Dakota or Lazzeroni based project unless I had another source of brass.

The cartridges themselves are well designed though.

Interesting BWW,, About 10yrs ago a fellow built me a 6.5 Dakota,, yes just a necked down 7,, it's a beautifull case just like the new Nosler. Buuuttt,, I could get anything near what it should have done,,messed with it tried lots of diff combo's but the brass seemed to show pressure and distort well before it's time. I let a hunter borrow it on a sheep hunt and he got a dandy ram,,I was able to sell it on the mountain for what the $$ was!

I tend to use more than enough gun

Posts: 1414 | Location: lake iliamna alaska | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Perhap's a .366 DGW?

One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
old Twenty some years ago I built and still have a .358x.404 IMP. Had I enough for-site It would have been a 9.3 X .404 IMP.just because of the availability of heavier bullets not available in the 35 caliber.
tu2The .358 X.404 IMP ,however, is nothing to sneeze at. beerroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote