THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM WILDCAT FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Wildcats And Their Development    Re: Looking for an easy 20 caliber for a contender

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Looking for an easy 20 caliber for a contender
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Bliane Eddy is making a plate for $50.00 that reduces the necks on everything. He is messing around making paper weights from 300Rum necked down to 14 cal in about 30 seconds. He is selling a video on Saubier.com. He writes for Small Caliber news. CHD4 makes dies for a 20-222 for around $70.00. I make 17AH brass from 22 Hornet. A trip through the seater die with the seater plug removed and a little Imperial. Then a trip through the full length sizer. 224 to 204 should be about as easy. Something off a 218 Bee case would be cool. 12 inches of barrel will take a small case to burn up the powder. Pick up Terrific 20s from Kindler. You can compare all of them. Beware you will not stop at 1 sub caliber.

one of us
Picture of HankinColorado
posted Hide Post
How'ze 'bout that .20 TNT, just neck up the .17 Rem and voila...

Hank

Posts: 225 | Location: Colorado Springs USA | Registered: 23 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
Buy a factory 23" .204 Ruger and lop off 11". Done.

Really, the .204 Ruger and/or the .20 Tactical deserve some consideration. Also, I don't think you can BR-based cartridges chambered in the Contender because the higher pressures couple with a large case head creates excessive backthrust on the frame.

Posts: 3291 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I looking for an easy to make .20 caliber (other than the .20 Vargart) for use in my next 12" contender barrel. Based on a Small Caliber News article just out, the .20 Classic developed by Todd Kindler looks interesting. Any comments on ease of forming this round? The .20 BenchRest looked good, but Todd writes that it requires several forming dies.

Any suggestions?

mjg