THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM WILDCAT FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Wildcats And Their Development    Re: Good web sight for 338 06 /imp /etc, imfo

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Good web sight for 338 06 /imp /etc, imfo
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Maxman: I have been getting good accuracy (just about 1 MOA with 5-shot groups) with 225-grain Hornady Interlocks out of my 338-06 AI with 40-degree shoulder. 62 grains of H4350 or 60.5 grains of IMR 4350, with WLR primers. OAL is 3.290" . These loads are both close to max in my rifle (which has a short throat). Work up in small increments from 10% below, watching for signs of pressure. I have not chrono'd these loads; but I should be getting over 2700 fps with the H4350 and just a little bit less with the IMR 4350, out of a 24" barrel.

Anyone else want to post loads or results?

Posts: 189 | Location: San Jose, CA | Registered: 02 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks BigBrass. I've been eyeballing the various 225 gr bullets in .338. I almost bought some of the Sierras/Speers yesterday, but it's too cold to work up loads now (-12 and colder for the last week and a half). I figure I'll load up a few more of the 200 Hornadys since I have that one ironed out and then try some heavier ones in the spring. Your OAL matches mine, as the magazine limits me to 3.30" tops. I'd sure like to hear from anyone else with a 338-06AI using the 210 to 225 bullet weights. maxman

Posts: 337 | Location: Minnesota, USA | Registered: 23 December 2002Reply With Quote