THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM WILDCAT FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Wildcats And Their Development    Rimmed case for 7mm Rem. Mag. upgrade for Encore

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rimmed case for 7mm Rem. Mag. upgrade for Encore
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of worriedman
posted
I have a 7mm Rem. Mag. Encore barrel that I would like to rechamber to a rimmed case. From the cast here, what would be a suitable option to allow a rechamber of the existing barrel??

Posts: 742 | Location: West Tennessee | Registered: 27 April 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Check with the 'smiths who chamber for the Encores; SSK Industries, Gary Reeder, et al.
If anyone knows of a viable conversion, they would.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think your hosed.

To expand the chamber radius to clean out the belt, you'll need to use a parent case with a body diameter larger than 0.532"

The problem is that Encores and case head diameters of ~.550" (WSM,RSM,RUM) have been shown to stretch Encore frames when operating at full pressure.

Posts: 938 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 23 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've been down that road. I didn't find any rimmed case that would clean up the chamber enough. The .348 case looked good except for it's about a quarter inch too short for the job. Everthing else that had potential was just too difficult to obtain. I gave up on belted cases for the Encore, sold the barrel and plan to stick to rimmed cases for the from now on. I like the 7mag so I'm looking something else to scratch that itch. Maybe a Ruger #1.

Posts: 338 | Location: Johnsburg, Illinois | Registered: 15 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of worriedman
posted Hide Post
I wonder if the 416 Rigby could be shortened and necked down, I know it is not rimmed case, but it would do away with the belt.

Posts: 742 | Location: West Tennessee | Registered: 27 April 2004Reply With Quote