Notify
Tools

Wildcat ICL What Does It Stand For
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of cordell
posted
Hi All,
What does ICL stand for in the wildcat 25-270 ICL and others ending in those initials??? Thanks in advance and God bless.

cordell

Posts: 336 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 09 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Vern Jeunke of Saturn Arms in Nevada was the originator of the ICL line of propritary cases. I "believe" he told me way back when [?] in the 60s it stood for "Improved Cartridge Loading" but please do not quote me on this.

Aloha, Mark

When the fear of death is no longer a concern----the Rules of War change!!

Posts: 978 | Location: S Oregon | Registered: 06 March 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of cordell
posted Hide Post
Hello Bohica,
Thanks for the information, you are absolutely correct. I have some additional information regarding this group of cartridges, and the Jeunke brothers that I posted on Cartridge Collecting. If you get a chance stop over and take a look. Thanks again for your help. And God bless you and yours.

cordell

One of Us
Picture of Nevmavrick
posted Hide Post
Try Increased Capacity Loading

Posts: 150 | Location: Sparks, Nevada | Registered: 03 November 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dear Nev-- You are SOOOOoooooooooooo correct. Heck! You probably live next door to Verne. As soon as I read what you wrote I knew you were correct. I remember speaking to Verne about 8 years ago but had forgot [CRS!!] what exactly he said. He was off on a different thing than . Some kind of machine he had invented. Seems like it was too spendy for me then [probably now too] Thanks for the correction.
Aloha, Mark

When the fear of death is no longer a concern----the Rules of War change!!

Posts: 978 | Location: S Oregon | Registered: 06 March 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of cordell
posted Hide Post
Nevmavrick,
Thanks for the correction regarding the ICL designation. Take care and God bless.

cordell