THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM WILDCAT FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Wildcats And Their Development    Anyone Know anything about the .17 Swift?

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone Know anything about the .17 Swift?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Ray Fryar
posted
Hello everyone, My brothers father-in-law gave him a rifle, the barrel is stamped, Easton Rifle Co. Perfection .17 swift. Has anyone ever heard of or know anything about the .17 Swift, I have looked all over for something about it and can find nothing. Any help would be appreciated, and thanks in advance.

Ray
NRA Life Member
NAHC Life Member
NRA Patriot Endowment Life Member

Posts: 106 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 22 February 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ray Fryar:
Hello everyone, My brothers father-in-law gave him a rifle, the barrel is stamped, Easton Rifle Co. Perfection .17 swift. Has anyone ever heard of or know anything about the .17 Swift, I have looked all over for something about it and can find nothing. Any help would be appreciated, and thanks in advance.

Time for a Cerro-Cast maybe. I can't remember seeing anything like that among the Cartridge Conversions references, but I don't have it handy.

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14625 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of steyrsteve
posted Hide Post
Cerro Safe cast and bore slugging are always SOP for any uncertainty.

NRA Life Member
DRSS-Claflin Chapter
Mannlicher Collectors Assn
KCCA
IAA

Posts: 473 | Location: central Kansas | Registered: 26 December 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you're feeling adventurous, you can try casting it yourself with sulphur.

Sulphur Cast

Posts: 188 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 12 July 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The barrel won't last long enough to be dangerous. Ive seen one and shot it, the owner said it washed out the throat in less than 500 rounds. Based on that I would rebore or rebarrel it to a 22-250..The 220 swift is a nice caliber but again barrel life can be short if your a P-dog shooter. rotflmo

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42176 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote