THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM WILDCAT FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Wildcats And Their Development    Is the .25-Krag Dead and should I leave it there?

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is the .25-Krag Dead and should I leave it there?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
For the last several weeks I've been looking into the history of the .25-Krag. No surprise that the history is somewhat clouded. I'm thinking about writing a article similar to the .400-Whelen one and wondering if any interest? I did not think at the time that would be much interest in the .400-Whelen and I was very wrong about that.

Posts: 808 | Location: Anchorage, Alaska | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Michael,
If there is something interesting about its development and history, I think it'd be well worth writing. A number of articles have appeared lately in Australian magazines, primarily on reloading for the old 303/25. You'd think it was making a comeback or something! But ... you can still buy a SMLE in 303/25 for under $200 so the old girls are still being used.
Cheers...
Con

Posts: 2198 | Location: Australia | Registered: 24 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
standard, short, or FL Improved?

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
FrownerYES Frownerroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would cover the early years of the cartridge from 1904-1913. The .25-Krag as we know it today was first adapted in 1910 so this is the 100th anniversary of the cartridge. Could very well be the oldest American wildcat still in use.

Posts: 808 | Location: Anchorage, Alaska | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
...just poke it..if it doesn't move consider it dead and leave it alone....

Posts: 588 | Location: Sherwood Park,Alberta,Canada | Registered: 28 February 2001Reply With Quote