Find
Notify
Tools

Which One and from Whom
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted
Lost my side lever springer and not sure when I will get to fix it.

So I am thinking to upgrade from the Chinwerks and go RWS maybe.

Thinking 34 for now

Need to reach out and touch the grackles in the driveway at 57 yards.

Anything comparable to the 34?

Best prices/service to purchase?

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4231 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
good luck with a 34 at 57 yards on a bird- you will need it. doable but underpowered for that. an RWS 350 is a step up.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13179 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
every air rifle has it's own favorite pellet... even the same model....... my rws 34 shoots crosman premier hollow point pellets very well.... try a few different styles and weights to see what shoots the best in your air rifle..... the rws 34 is rifled so the pellets are spin stabilized............. i can sit and hit bird sized targets all day with it.....................

democrat or american..... choose wisely.............

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Beeman R9 will kill crows reliably at 60 yds. It was legal to hunt quail with them here, 60yd head shots...

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
57yds is a long shot for any springer, tough even with a pcp in the real world of wind and no bench rest. An M-34 will work but how well depends on how well you can shoot a springer, how much practice you get. Old rule of thumb, shoot as far as you can keep all your shots on a quarter

Posts: 154 | Location: Sourland Mt. , NJ | Registered: 14 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
finally, someone with a grain of common sense. i refrained from any comments before but if anyone can shot a 1/2" group ( the size of a quail head) at 57-60 yards with ANY springer, they should be on our Olympic team. i can consistently do it with any of my PCP's but forget it with a springer. the trajectory drop alone with a 15-20fpe air rifle at 60 yards is over 6 inches.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13179 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
Thanx ID SS

I will look at the R9

Remember now, I am shooting out the kitchen window with the forend resting on apiece of semi-rigid foam

My chinwerkbau will hit them and it kills them at that distance, but the horrendously BAD trigger makes for poor/inconsistent accuracy.

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4231 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill C.:
57yds is a long shot for any springer, tough even with a pcp in the real world of wind and no bench rest. An M-34 will work but how well depends on how well you can shoot a springer, how much practice you get. Old rule of thumb, shoot as far as you can keep all your shots on a quarter

yep.. on a good night the rws34 will shoot one hole groups at about 7 yds....... at 57 it shoots about minute of bean can................