New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sheridan on steroids
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Like to get reports from those that had MAC1 do steroid to their Sheridan.

Posts: 3808 | Location: san angelo tx | Registered: 18 November 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
carpetman....I buy Sheridans from time to time and refurbish them. I know some of their modifications but probably not all of them. One thing they do is replace the piston rod assembly with an adjustable one for minimum headspace. Replace seals with synthetic type. Replace the pump lever with a billet made arm.
There is a guy on you tube who has some informational videos by the name of Northwest Airguns . He is pretty informative.

Craftsman

Posts: 1534 | Location: North Texas | Registered: 11 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Craftsman--Thanks for the reply. What town North Texas? I'm originally from Wichita Falls.

Posts: 3808 | Location: san angelo tx | Registered: 18 November 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've been in Wichita Falls for 35 plus years. Retired from TXU. Part time then full time gunsmithing. I was raised around Olney and Archer City.

Craftsman

Posts: 1534 | Location: North Texas | Registered: 11 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A bit late but, there's a ton of info on steroid Dan's on the yellow forum archives.

Clack,clack,clack, clack, clack, clack....

Posts: 154 | Location: Sourland Mt. , NJ | Registered: 14 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
___I had thought the steroid treatment would have more leverage, thus easier to pump really isn't difficult. I really don't want more velocity so I thought fewer pumps would take care of that.So not needing nor wanting more velocity I would scrap the thought of having mine modified.

I gave one son in law a silver Streak which I had drilled and tapped and a Williams peep sight installed. His situation is better than mine. He owns two large acreages where he could use more velocity and his rile is now in need of a rebuild. Considering those things, his gun is a big candidate for steroids.