New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Beast
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I was flipping through my NRA American Hunter and spotted a Gammo ad for "The Beast". Noticed the high velocity which didn't surprise me all that much since they are using the Alloy Pellets to reduce the Weight and allow the Velocities to increase.

Then over on the right page(double page ad), up in the corner I notice what appears to be a Hog and decide it must be a small Javalina, Piccary(however you spell them). Shook my head and laughed to myself at the thought of "me" going Hog Hunting with a Pellet Rifle. rotflmo I have a perfectly adequate 444Mar and Mag revolvers for that sort of thing.

Then I happened by the Hunter Extreme web site to just look around. Nice BIG ads for two styles of "The Beast" air rifle, 17cal and 22cal. They are right proud of them at $530, they are heavier than my regular Centerfires by a considerable amount, and they require 58# of cocking effort. Some kind of scope on them. They also have a 3-D view of the Air Rifles which I enjoyed viewing. Just click on an air rifle among the list that you want to check out and look for a "3-D" button.

However..., if you go to the link, wait and watch the little movie in the middle of the Home Page. To say I am as floored as the critter is a HUGE, MASSIVE, understatement. I watched it a couple of times and will probably do it again. Can't believe the Dog backed off after the shot, almost as if it was Gun Shy. But, I'd have lost a lot of money on that event "if" I was a wagering man.

What do you all think????? bewildered

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I seem to remember, for many years the biggest Grizzly killed with a gun was by a .22 rimfire through the eye.

"When doing battle, seek a quick victory."

Posts: 4739 | Location: London England | Registered: 11 May 2003Reply With Quote