Find
Notify
Tools

Trying a Turk
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted
I have been waiting since laste spring for Pyramyd Air to get the Turkish-built Hatsan 95 springer back in stock in .25 caliber. They are in as of today, and I ordered one. These aren't particularly fast rifles, but with a .25 pellet, they don't need to be to get some work done. Nice thing is they come with a walnut stock and a cheap scope, for $150 shipped. Will report when I have the Hatsan in hand.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16364 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Good For $150 it seems almost too good to be true.

Posts: 3174 | Location: Warren, PA | Registered: 08 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
The rifle lives up to its billing. There was an issue with one of the scope mounting screws, and Hatsan is shipping a new mount. Trigger is very nice. Haven't chronoed it yet.

– John Green, author

Posts: 16364 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Let me know how it works out.

Posts: 3174 | Location: Warren, PA | Registered: 08 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Mike, benched the Hatsan for fun this morning and shot two pellets, JB Kings at 25.4 grains and the Benjamin domes at 28 grains. The Turk clearly prefers the Benjamin pellets, shooting an open sight group of .40 for five shots vs. .80 for the JBs. Chrono showed an average velocity of 538 fps with the Benjamins, 570 fps with the lighter Exacts. That's not moving very fast for a modern pellet rifle, but those big .25 pellets hit like medicine balls. Look forward to scoping this beast, which has had fewer than 100 pellets through it.

– John Green, author

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
good work. you will find that, like most springers, it won't really be broken in and hit it's stride until about 500 pellets up the spout. for the cost, Hatsan's are absolutely one of the best springers around- far better than the various Chinese knock-offs.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13139 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Jerry, I agree. I am very impressed with this Hatsan. It leaves the Chinese guns in the dust for very nearly the same money.

– John Green, author

one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
Will have to go see if they have 22 and/or 177 versions.

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4227 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote