Find
Notify
Tools

Shipping bb guns
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of sonofagun
posted
What are the restrictions or regulations (if any) concerning mailing or shipping bb guns*?

*Or IOW, a device which expels pellets or projectiles by the use of compressed air.

Bob Shaffer

Posts: 1946 | Location: Michigun | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There are no U.S. Postal Service issues for an air rifle and no federal restrictions either since they aren't firearms. Just shipped an air rifle via UPS this week. (Best price for shipping in this case, have used USPS in the past)

Matt

Posts: 100 | Location: Washington, The State | Registered: 13 February 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of sonofagun
posted Hide Post
From the USPS site (accent added):

Firearms

431 Definitions

431.1 Firearm

A firearm is defined as any device (including a starter gun) that is designed, or may readily be converted, to expel a projectile by an explosion, a spring, or other mechanical action, or by air or gas pressure with sufficient force to be used as a weapon.

http://pe.usps.com/text/pub52/pub52c4_008.htm

Bob Shaffer

Posts: 1946 | Location: Michigun | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
I'm sure no expert but that definition has been in place from at least 2008. I recieved 2 high powered pellet rifles back in December from a dealer no issue.

Then again Customs and then ATF comfiscated "airsoft" plastic bb rifles saying they could be converted to full auto weapons early 2010.

http://pjmedia.com/blog/agents...-iv/?singlepage=true

I think the dealer is just now getting his stuff back.
The dist

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Illinois has restrictions. I'm trying to buy a Crosman Nitro Venom Break Barrel Air Rifle (.22), but can't have it shipped to my home in Illinois. Walmart won't even let me have it shipped to their store for pickup and will not even stock a .22 cal. air gun.

Going to buy it in Ky. and order it through the Walmart in Morganfield for store pickup.

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
i ship air rifles( including very high powered ones up to .30 cal.) via UPS all the time with no problems

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13139 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote