New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best pcp for under 1000
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I guess the title says it all, I want a new air rifle, looking for a .22 for under $1000, this should get me in to a great gun.... looked at the airforce guns and I like them...

What do you guys think, accuracy and value are the most important things, looks I dont care...

Posts: 589 | Location: Austin TX, Mexico City | Registered: 17 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Patricio,

I have a Benjamin Marauder in 25 cal and it is a killing machine....it's hard to believe how powerful it as compared to my gas-rammed 22 cal R1.

Quieter by allot and MUCH more accurate

Posts: 6080 | Location: New York City "The Concrete Jungle" | Registered: 04 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Daystate Huntsman is currently on sale at Airguns of Arizona for about $1000. nothing else in that price range will compare- and i have pretty much tried/owned them all. a fairly close second would be an Air Arms SL 510 but the walnut stocked version actually cost more( the Daystate only comes with walnut) and overall build quality is less. the Marauder is a good gun for the money but if you can afford $1000, the Daystate is far and away a better gun in all aspects. google "yellow forum"( an air gun website) and simply ask if members would buy a Daystate or a Marauder if $1000 was their budget for the gun. if $1000 is the budget for gun and scope, things change. as an aside, i have owned both an Air Force Condor and Talon SS. UNLESS YOU ARE WILLING TO SPEND CONSIDERABLE TIME( AND MONEY) IN MAKING MUCH NEEDED MODIFICATIONS- FORGET IT. even with the modifications, you still end up with a single shot, ergonomically unfriendly rifle. they are powerful but loud( modifications needed) and take a fair amount of getting used to as far as head/cheek position. once you make the very necessary changes you will spend about $900 and still have a gun that looks like an assault rifle( which is fine as long as that's what you want).

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13139 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the tip, the daystate is 1095 at airguns of arizona, I might have to do that......

Posts: 589 | Location: Austin TX, Mexico City | Registered: 17 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
you will not regret it! and even if you later decide to sell it, you will find that resale value is far and away better anything else in that price range.

One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
Pardon the lousy humour, but are you looking for Angel Dust, or the liquid variety? Cool

Around here the pure dust is about two dimes per gram.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
I GIVE UP-WTF ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?????- COMPLETELY LOST ME ON THIS POST- MAYBE WHEN YOU DETOX, AND REPOST, IT WILL MAKE MORE SENSE. OR MAYBE NOT. ANYWAY, GOOD LUCK GOING FORWARD

one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
It was just a little humor about PCP. You don't have to yell.

"Experience" is the only class you take where the exam comes before the lesson.

Posts: 11137 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Rep

guess i am just not up on the drug culture lingo- thought this post was a legitimate question about an air rifle. pardon me.