THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AIR RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Air Rifle    Is there a good entry level pellet gun?

Moderators: big6x6
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is there a good entry level pellet gun?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Is there a good entry level pellet gun? I had an old co2 for 20+ years till it finally wore out and tried two of the quest that threw pellets all over with different pellets and another scope.

Looking for plinking and off season work in the back yard.

Any suggestions?

Posts: 229 | Location: Spring/Marble Falls , Texas | Registered: 08 December 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jim Tx---I think you'd have a hard time beating a Sheridan Silver/Blue Streak. With peep sight I think you'd be under $200. It is a pump up variety and I find 4 pumps to be plenty. They seem to last forever if you take care of them. They are 5mm (.20 cal) so pellets are not as readily available as .22 or .17's but it's not like they are rare.

Posts: 1289 | Location: San Angelo,Tx | Registered: 22 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
a member of another forum bought this

http://www.airgunsbbguns.com/Beeman_SS1000_H_Dual_Calib..._Rifle_p/bee1082.htm

and is very happy with it. Smiler

Posts: 3167 | Location: out behind the barn | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
JimTx--Tell us more about your back yard. In city or in country? If city and noise is a factor and need for lower velocity is needed,spring air might be to much. I have a city type backyard,but am lucky in that no houses behind me and I have good neighbors that dont object to my shooting air rifle. For these reasons I can shoot a spring air type. If you have any of these factors,a spring air might be more than you want in terms of noise and velocity.

Posts: 1289 | Location: San Angelo,Tx | Registered: 22 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ncboman:

man at that price, i am tempted to buy one just to have the 2 barrel option. with a scope,you can't beat the price. i like my RWS,but i have been considering a 22 cl rifle anyway.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13141 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I like my R-1 Beeman. I've got a Gamo Whisper I've been playing with, and it's quieter, but the R-1 is way better for headshooting turtles on the other side of the stock tank. Inside 25 yards they are about the same and they have the same optics. I guess I like break open guns better than pump ups which is why I haven't owned a pump up since I was a kid. Friend has some AirForce rifles of the pre-charged kind that are quite accurate and my overseas friends have a hell of a mix of precharged stuff mostly not for sale in America. Beeman and Gamo and Sheridan all make nice stuff for the money if you're looking at entry level.

Posts: 895 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 02 October 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jim,
I know a guy that is trying to sell a Beeman R-1 and a Feinwerkbau. I can give you his phone number.

Posts: 9207 | Registered: 22 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ignored post by ireload2

Posts: 895 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 02 October 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
quote:
Originally posted by ncboman:

man at that price, i am tempted to buy one just to have the 2 barrel option. with a scope,you can't beat the price. i like my RWS,but i have been considering a 22 cl rifle anyway.

I'm also tempted and will probably order by spring. I already have a RWS 45 and a .20cal Beeman R9 but such a deal .... Big Grin

Posts: 3167 | Location: out behind the barn | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tom`:
quote:
Ignored post by ireload2

Not really ignored was it?

You got a zebra planned for your Beeman too?

Posts: 9207 | Registered: 22 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JimTx:
Is there a good entry level pellet gun? I had an old co2 for 20+ years till it finally wore out and tried two of the quest that threw pellets all over with different pellets and another scope.

Looking for plinking and off season work in the back yard.

Any suggestions?

Gamo Shadow 1000 would serve you well.

life member NRA (Endowment)
member Arizona Big Horn Sheep Society
member Arizona Antelope Foundation
member Arizona Wildlife Foundation

Posts: 146 | Location: Oracle, Az. | Registered: 01 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
JimTx,

I can't speak for any of the new designs, models etc. This is because I bought my Sheridan Blue Streak 30+ years ago, & it has never given me cause to replace it. Three or four pumps, & you're good to go.

Posts: 70 | Location: Western Colorado | Registered: 13 November 2007Reply With Quote